Monday, February 1, 2010

I curse you February!




It is hard to imagine that my 7 week old is now 4 years old and my 16 month old is now 5 years old. Those were the ages of my children 4 years ago when their dad passed away. It is so hard to imagine that it has been that long. Yet at the same time, I can't remember raising children with him. I have learned to do it all for so long that actually having someone around is, well, a bit incomprehensible.
February is hard and dreaded every year now. Jim had his stroke on February 1st, passed away on the 3rd and buried on the 6th. He proposed to me on the 14th and my birthday is only to follow on the 28th. So now, I CURSE this month!









2 comments:

  1. Wow I read Joey's blog about your story and I am so sorry that you had to go through this. You sound like an amazing mom and your children are blessed to have you. When I read stories like this it makes you think and stop taking your own life and the people in it for granted. Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete