Sunday, May 24, 2009

Man Projects


You take for granted the little things when you have to do it all yourself. But most of all, I miss not having to do my "man projects." These projects consist of taking the garbage out, changing a light bulb, fixing a broken door knob or even chasing a bird out of the house. YEP...that's right, a bird. Never did Jim and I have animals come in or around our house, but for some reason after he passed they seem to flock towards me.
When I first moved in the house, I was wakened every morning but a rooster.  My first thought was, "Who in the hell would have a rooster at their house in a sub-division?"  Until I noticed it hanging out in MY backyard.  Like I didn't have enough problems to deal with, now I have a wild animal waking me every morning a 5:30am.  I have a 1 year old, an infant, insurance companies, a new house, depression and SO ON...COME ON!
One morning as I was dropping the kids off at daycare, I started talking with a neighbor.  I asked her if she knew who the rooster belonged too.  She started laughing and told me the whole neighborhood thought I brought it with me.  Knowing that Jim just passed, they were being nice not to say anything.  I was so embarrassed!  Why would I want a roaster (aka a mean fighting cock in my eyes)?
So, knowing that it didn't belong to anyone, I called animal control and you know what they told me?  I had to catch it and they would pick it up.  ME CATCH A ROOSTER, HA!!!  That was pretty funny.  After many phone calls, they finally sent someone out to catch him or at least try to catch him.  
When they showed up, he came out of the truck carrying a shot gun, yes a shot gun and a net. I knew I was in Kentucky!  What animal control carries a shot gun?  LOL
After chasing the rooster for 2 hours and missing his first shot, he finally got him.  I have to say it was my first time experiencing the statement "Running around like a chicken with his head cut off."
Let's just say, rooster's do the same!





No comments:

Post a Comment