Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Addiction

So as we all know or at least I believe, we all have an addiction to something. Rather it is food, alcohol, smoking, exercise or whatever, we all have addictions. Since Jim’s passing my addiction has become worse. I have always suffered from excessiveness in taking but today my problem is extreme. I wish this addiction was exercise or attending church but it is not. My addiction is what keeps me going from day to day. It helps me clean my house, wash my clothes, attend work, read stories to my kids and even take out the trash. It gets me up in the morning and keeps me up late at night. I love my addiction actually. But I feel it is time to admit my problem. I am pretty sure there isn’t a rehab for my addiction and quiet frankly, I am glad. Because no matter how persuasive the intervention might be, I won’t be able to commit to give it up. So, today I give thanks to my addiction. I couldn’t make it through a day without my Diet Coke!

No comments:

Post a Comment