Wednesday, June 3, 2009

DFL

DFL. You are probably wondering what the heck I am talking about. Right? Well, let me start off by emphasizing on the "D" aka the "BIG D." The “BIG D” is drama. We all ask for it, yet it seems inevitable to keep it from coming into our lives and turning everything up side down. But really, do I believe that it can be prevent from time to time? Sure! Some people just thrive on it as if it excites them, even though they would never admit it. Little do they know, it really takes it toll on those of us around them.

Now, I am not going to say that I am "perfect" at keeping this from happening to me and disturbing others but I do try to prevent at all cost. Like Jim's death, I was unable to prevent that and God knows I would have had he giving me the power. But calling everybody and their mother's to bitch about spilling M&M’s all over the floor? Geez, just pick the damn things up and go on with your life. (FYI...I have seen this example in person, not fun!)

Speaking of going on with your life, I truly believe one thing that can cause the big "D" is rehashing the past. I know people go through some really horrible times. But reliving it on a day to day basis is only going to cause pain which will only make you become a person no one wants to be around. I really wonder if these people ever think about this? Would you want to sit at a bar listening to Sue cry over her boyfriend or would you want to listen to Jenny make fun of her ex-boyfriend? It is the same thing about your past. Nobody wants to hear me talk about Jim all the time and have me cry about him and the pain his death caused me and my kids. That is why I do it here. You can choose not to read my DRAMA!

So here today, I declare my goal is to live the DFL (Drama Free Life)!!


1 comment:

  1. Girl, you talking about your pain over that lose isn't drama, it's reality. I agree though that drama (especially the kind people create themselves) can be a pain in the a$$ to others.

    ReplyDelete