Friday, April 10, 2009

3rd Blog from the past...

JULY 26, 2006


Three years ago, to the today, I was so excited about becoming Mrs. Jim Coursey.  I didnt care about my dress, the flowers or anything else other than the fact that I was going to finally be Jims wife.  For those of you who dont know, Jim and I lived more than 10 hours away from each other for a year prior to marriage.  I was in Paducah and he was in Charlotte We were so ready to start our lives together.  He flew in on the 24th of July and made it to my hometown of Caruthersville MO on the 25th.  Just in time for us to get our marriage license and prepare for rehearsal dinner.  I couldnt believe that he was there and within less than 24 hours we would be husband and wifemany people couldnt believe that Jim was finally getting married.  After a sleepless night, we did itwe came Mr. and Mrs. Jim Coursey.  When we walked out of the sanctuary we went downstairs to the basement of the church.  We had our first few moments together.  God, I have he face forever in my memory during that timehe was happy and so was I.  It was as if peace had finally come and there were no more missing links in our lives. After a wonderful reception, Jim and I travel to Jackson TN to stay the night before heading to Biltmore Estate.  I didnt find out until the next morning that the hotel we stayed in was the last hotel his parents stayed before his father passed away.  It is weird how things play out in our lives.  Do I miss Jim??  Like CRAZY But I know that he is in the most wonderful place ever created.  I miss being able to cherish this day with him.  I miss not hearing Stetson say daddy that much.  I miss lying on the couch at night after all the kids are asleep and having our time together.  I miss cutting his toenails (crazy, huh?)  I miss his laughhe had the best laugh.  The kinds that even a stranger who knew nothing about him would laugh just if they heard him laughing.  He also had this way of pulling his head back when he laughedI always made fun of him for that.  I really miss him telling me that he loved me.  We never went a day without.  Everyone said that we were still in the honeymoon phase but I truly believe that even 20 years later we still would have kissed, touched and talked the same way as we did the first month of marriage.  It was what kept us going

Jim knew that he wasnt going to live long.  He always said that to his friends and family.  I think it was because his dad died at a young age. But I think there was a turning point for Jim.  I believe that when our son and daughter were born that he wanted to live longer that he thought he would.  I think he began to get scared and really tired which wore his body out.  I have no doubt in my head and heart that Jim loved me and our children.  And I believe that people have many changing thoughts about what they want in life.  I believe that Jim tried really hard for so long to find his happiness until one day he stopped.  And then we found each other.  Would I do it all again even knowing the outcome?  YESnot only for Jim and my kids but for me.  I have learned a lot over the 5 years.  Nothing is more important that ones happinesseven if it takes you 40 years to find it.  I dont know what is in store for Stetson, Evie and myself but I know God has a real challenge if he thinks he can make it better that my life with Jim. 

Jim was the best husband a wife could ever ask for

We almost made it to three yearsbut we had the best 2 ½ years I could ever pray for.

 

Jim wrote this to me last year for our 2nd Anniversary

 

Happy 2nd Anniversary

 

Thanks for

 

Believing in me.

 

Trusting me.

 

Being a wonderful mother and mother to be.

 

Putting up with a full year and more of living in a construction zone.  (Its almost over!)

 

Being as pretty on the inside as you are on the outside.

 

Going to work when you would rather be at home with Stetson.

 

Being patient.

 

Looking out for the family budget.

 

Loving my family and being willing to spend time with them.

 

Caring about our spiritual well being.

 

Always remembering giving is more satisfying than getting and never complaining when we write a check for someone else instead of spending it on ourselves.

 

Getting up in the middle of the night.

 

Putting up with my friends and letting me still be one of the boys when I ask for a weekend off.

 

Sharing a life with me.

 

In two years I have never once had the passing thought, Is this going to work?   You made it worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment